The purpose of this policy is to establish retail direction, procedural requirements, and technical guidance to ensure the appropriate protection of The WISE Visions', LLC information handled by all computer networks and The WISE Visions', LLC website users.
This policy applies to all who access The WISE Visions', LLC website. Throughout this policy, the word “user” will be used to collectively refer to all such individuals. The policy also applies to all computer and data communication systems owned by or administered by The WISE Visions, LLC or its affiliates.POLICY
The WISE Visions, LLC utilizes an active SSL Certificate. The SSL certificate — also mandatory per PCI — works to ensure that the sensitive information that is sent over The WISE Visions', LLC legal domains and the internet is encrypted and secure. How does The WISE Visions, LLC SSL certificate work? It essentially makes all sensitive information —which includes passwords, credit card information, and usernames — unreadable for everyone except the destination server, thereby protecting all communication from eavesdropping and theft.
It is particularly valuable for The WISE Visions', LLC e-commerce users not just for security reasons, but also to build trust with site visitors and prospective customers. The WISE Visions, LLC attaining an SSL certificate essentially verifies our entity’s credentials, certifying that we are who we say we are and that our site is safe to visit.
The WISE Visions, LLC continues to watch for changes in requirements - such as the recent change from SHA1 encryption to SHA2 encryption - to make sure our company stays compliant.
The WISE Visions, LLC uses Hypertext Transfer Protocol with Secure Sockets Layer on its website, (https://www.thewisevisions.com). Hypertext Transfer Protocol with Secure Sockets Layer, or HTTPS, is a protocol to transfer data over the web that should be used instead of HTTP on all pages where data is created. The WISE Visions, LLC once to make sure that your personal information is encrypted. With HTTP, information is not encrypted — instead, it is sent as plain text, which means that anyone can intercept it and read what has been sent.ACCOUNT END-USER PASSWORDS
The WISE Visions, LLC has an obligation to effectively protect the intellectual property and personal and financial information entrusted to it by website visitors, website users, customers, business affiliates and others. Using passwords that are difficult to guess is key step toward effectively fulfilling that obligation. Any password used to access customer account information stored and/or maintained by The WISE Visions, LLC must be at least 8 characters long, contain at least one uppercase letter and one number or special character. When a password expires or a change is required, users should create a new password that is not identical to the last three passwords previously employed. Passwords stored electronically may not be stored in a readable form where unauthorized persons might discover them. Passwords may not be written down and left in a place where unauthorized persons might discover them. Passwords may never be shared or revealed to anyone other than the authorized user. If a password is suspected of being disclosed or known to have been disclosed to anyone other than the authorized user, it should be changed immediately.COMPUTER VIRUSES, WORMS, AND TROJAN HORSES
Users must keep approved and current virus-screening software enabled on their computers before accessing any The WISE Visions, LLC content or legal domains. This software must be used to scan all software coming from third parties outside of The WISE Visions', LLC network. Users must not bypass scanning processes that could stop the transmission of computer viruses. Users are responsible for damage occurring because of viruses on computer systems under their control. As soon as a virus is detected, that could affect The WISE Visions', LLC security protocol, the user must immediately notify The WISE Visions, LLC at email: firstname.lastname@example.org to assure that no further infection takes place.PHISHING
The WISE Visions', LLC website users, please be aware of the latest phishing trends. Phishing is a cybercrime in which a target or targets are contacted by email, telephone or text message by someone posing as a legitimate institution to lure individuals into providing sensitive data such as personally identifiable information, banking, and credit card details, and passwords. The information is then used to access important accounts and can result in identity theft and financial loss.
- Too Good To Be True - Lucrative offers and eye-catching or attention-grabbing statements are designed to attract people’s attention immediately. For instance, many claims that you have won a free The WISE Visions', LLC item, or some other lavish prize. Just don't click on any suspicious emails. Remember that if it seems to good to be true, it probably is!
- Sense of Urgency - A favorite tactic amongst cybercriminals is to ask you to act fast because the super deals are only for a limited time. Some of them will even tell you that you have only a few minutes to respond. When you come across these kinds of emails, it's best to just ignore them. Sometimes, they will tell you that your account will be suspended unless you update your details immediately. The WISE Visions', LLC gives ample time before they terminate a users' account and they never ask patrons to update personal details over social media messaging channels, unsecured domains, and messaging channels that are not associated with The WISE Visions, LLC. When in doubt, visit The WISE Visions', LLC website directly rather than clicking a link in an email.
- Hyperlinks - A link may not be all it appears to be. Hovering over a link shows you the actual URL where you will be directed upon clicking on it.
- Attachments - If you see an attachment in a fraudulent The WISE Visions', LLC email you weren't expecting or that doesn't make sense, don't open it! The only file type that is always safe to click on is a .txt file.
- Unusual Sender - Whether it looks like it's from The WISE Visions, LLC, someone you don't know or someone you do know, if anything seems out of the ordinary, unexpected, out of character or just suspicious in general don't click on it!